Tuesday 12 March 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #2

You can find out all about Top Ten Tuesday at the Broke and Bookish Blog

Top Ten Books on My Spring 2013 TBR List!

I am assuming this is books that I want to read in the spring and not books that are coming out in the spring that I want to read, yeah?

Well, I'll work on that assumption. 

I have a TBR pile that will kill me in my sleep should it ever fall over (no change there) but there are some books that I am wanting read and out the pile. 

1 & 2. How to Steal a Dragon's Sword and How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel by Cressida Cowell
This is book 9 and 10 in the How to Train Your Dragon Series! Believe me when I tell you it is a miracle I have stuck with this series. Not because there is anything wrong with the books! But because my attention tends to wander - most of the series I read have 6 books max!

3 & 4. The Beekeepers Apprentice by Laurie R. King and Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch
Both of these books are the first in a series and I have been meaning to re-read them for months so I can re-fresh my memory (and love for them - they were AMAZING) and read the rest! 

5 & 6. Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
I read and thoroughly enjoyed Hunger Games but I couldn't get any further than page 100 (or so) in Catching Fire. But they are still sitting on my shelf eating up space. The one thing that is putting me off bunging then in the 2nd hand-shop box is that so many people have told me that Catching Fire was their favourite of the series. 
I am going to try and give them one more try!

7. Misery by Stephen King
I have never read a Stephen King - I don't like watching horror so reading it is an absolute NONO in my books. 
But it seems like everyone has read at least 1 so I picked what I could figure was a not so freaky one. 
Once I have read this I can officially say I have read a Stephen King novel. 


8. Jaws by Peter Benchley
DUDE! Just look at the cover! Classic!
(enough to put me off of open water for life)

9. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
I seriously need to get this read already!
(I love the old-school fantasy covers that have a scene (or character) out of the book :))

10. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I am going to surprise myself with number ten I think! :)

Happy Tuesday Everyone!


Post Signature

6 comments:

  1. I hope you get to all of these his spring, and enjoy them all. I loved A Game of Thrones so I hope you get to it soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you read A Game of Thrones soon and love it. I absolutely love the series, definitely one of my favourite fantasy series of all time! Great list, hope you read some of these this spring :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/top-ten-12-books-on-my-spring-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hunger Games and Game of Thrones are both incredible! I really hope you enjoy them :).

    Here's my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misery is by far my favorite Stephen King novel. It'a good first pick :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Honestly I had a hard time getting into Catching Fire too. In the end it was worth it though =D

    And YES you must read Game of Thrones!!! Love it!

    -- Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaws is actually pretty damn good - and so is Jaws 2, surprisingly! I quite fancy rereading the first one meself. I still have Catching Fire and Mockingjay to read too, but I reckon I might save those for summer days off in the garden. I'm making the most of having two days off a week until Easter to get through some less exciting books! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!