Tuesday 5 March 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #1

I am taking a wee break from re-painting my room to do this - I have half an hour to wait until the paint dries and I can move the furniture :) It is going to look so pretty! Eeeeek.

Anyhoo.

You can find out all about Top Ten Tuesday at the Broke and Bookish Blog :)

Top Ten Series I'd Like To Start But Haven't Yet

(pssst like 8 of these are already all on my shelf waiting to be read or I have the first book :))

1. Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
(I have the first 2)
I think this one really goes without saying! I have only seen clips of the tv series - I want to read the books before I see the series (yes, I am one of those 'that's not how it was in the book' kind of people ;)) - and it all looks EPIC! 
PS - I think I am going to turn out to be a Sandor/Sansa lover. Just saying...








2. Lily Bard Mysteries by Charlaine Harris
(I have them all *faints*)
Soooooo these were being sold nice and cheap by the Book People so I have had the whole series on my shelf for *cough* and embarrassingly loooooong time. 
It seemed like a good idea at the time and I was going though a crime phase. 








3. Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
(I have them all - 3 of them :)) 
Woohoo. I love me some dragons! And dragon stories with a girl as the main character are even better!










4. Doona by Anne McCaffrey 
(I have the 3 of them)
I just stumbled across this series by accident when I was checking out Anne McCaffrey's back-list.










5. Fire Dancer by Ann Maxwell
(I have the 3 - again, it seemed like a good idea at the time CURSE YOU EBAY)
I was going through an Anne McCaffrey phase but I wasn't in an Anne McCaffrey mood and so I ended up with all of these instead. Of course, by the time they dropped through the letter box I had moved onto something else. Still, I can't wait to get stuck into them when I get the chance.







6. Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
(I have the first book)
I was in search of something to replace the How to Train Your Dragon series after I finished book 10 and thought I would give this a try :)









7. Parasol Protectorate Series by Gail Carrigar
(I have the first book)
This is a series that a friend of mine has been going on, and on, and one about for years but I kept smiling and nodding my head when she talked about it and then putting it out of my head - vamps etc aren't really my thing. But after becoming just a little but addicted to Kresley Cole's Series I figured I would give them a shot.
I have a feeling this is going to be a book I will be kicking myself for not picking up sooner.





Now it is time for books I don't have. Phew!

8. The Dark Tower by Stephen King
I am wanting to broaden my reading and I think this would be a good way to do that :)










9. Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter
This group was mentioned in one of the Immortals After Dark books so I would love to check them out and see is Nix (favouritest character EVER!) makes an appearance.








10. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein
I LOVE fantasy but I have never, ever, ever read the Lord of the Rings (or the Hobbit - shhh don't tell anyone). I am hoping to fix that this years though :)










Ok, break over and back to painting and furniture shifting.

Tatty Bye! :)



Post Signature

4 comments:

  1. I had totally forgotten about the Lily Bard series! I read those years ago. Going to add those to my Goodreads TBR so I can pick them up again. You have a great list...I have Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings on my list too. I haven't read all of the Series of Unfortunate Events but I love listening to those on audio when Tim Curry is the narrator. He does such a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Song of Ice and Fire is pretty much epic. It's slow going sometimes, but so worth it! I'm on book 4.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Dragon Slippers not that long ago. I've only read the first one, but I really liked it, and I definitely want to read the others. I really liked Jessica Day George.

    A Series of Unfortunate Events is fun, if a bit repetitive. Tim Curry narrates most of the audiobooks, which is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've still not started the Parasol Protectorate or Song of Ice and Fire series either, despite having had the first novel of each on my shelves for aaaages. I've read the first two Lords of the Underworld books - the second was way better than the first, but I think it depends on which Lords you like best! - and OMG YES you have to at the very least read The Hobbit this year. I was totally blown away by the entire series (I always kinda think of The Hobbit as part of the same series) and by the time I reached the LOTR epilogue I was devastated that it had to end! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!