Saturday 7 July 2012

Feature and Follow



Follow Friday is a weekly Blog Hop that can be found over at Parajunkee’s View.

Q: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don’t like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

I usually avoid anything that is set in reality like the plague (there is of course exceptions to this rule). I like there to be a smidgen of fantasy to something I read. I also enjoy historical fictions because if something bad happens in it, it is easier to accept that there is nothing I can do to fix it. But, with contemporary and real life stories set in my time I can't quite distance myself enough from the characters even if they are all made up. 

But. Last week I just finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and I LOVED it. 

It checked most of the boxes for books that I avoid but in an attempt to stretch my reading I listened to it on audio. 


Post Signature

3 comments:

  1. I'm seeing The Fault In Our Stars in everybody's hands these days. I'm going to look into for sure.

    New Follower!

    Errant Author: Feature and Follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is already on my TBR list. So many books, so little time!

    New follower via GFC.

    Would love you to stop by my new blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check that out. :)

    New follower!

    Happy Reading!
    Austine @ The Red Reader ==> Read my #FF

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!