Friday 22 June 2012

TGIF - Authors are our Celebrities - Diana Gabaldon


TGIF is a weekly meme that can be found over at greadsbooks.com. Every week you can find a question that is bound to get you thinking. 

Authors Are Our Celebrities: Have you ever contacted 
an author you admired? How did that experience go? If not, which author would you love to have a chat with?

Hmmm contact?

As in email? No.

Contact as in twitter? Yes! (what a dark and terrible place my life was pre-twitter ;))

So, yip, I have tweeted some of my favourite authors. Nothing deep and profound (sheesh, what dou you want from me) I am ashamed to say, and some I have heard back from – and this blows my mind every single time it happens.

One time that stands out in my mind was that AWESOME day when Diana Gabaldon replied to me :)

I was listening to her podcast (a brilliant listen if you are into her books by the way) and I tweeted about it. Like I said it was nothing deeeeeeeeep. Just something along the lines of,” listening to Diana Gabaldon podcast. Really enjoying it. Best bit blah blah blah.” 

You get the gist.

Now, Diana Gabaldon is a pretty famous and author and in all honesty I wasn’t even expecting her to see the tweet. So you can imagine the squidgy mixture of freaking out and ecstatic amazement when I got a reply from the lady herself. Seriously it was a very stressful situation for me. I didn’t know what to do. Was I supposed to reply back or what? I wrote and re-wrote my reply several times before sending it.

That is something that I have never forgotten. :)


**Image from Greads :))

Post Signature
Don't forget
The giveaway for the Book Blogger Planner I made is still open. 
Find out more and enter here
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!