Friday 8 June 2012

Empty that Shelf Challenge Update #1


Hello darlings x (don't ask)

So I have survived both the Queen's Jubilee - not that there as anything to survive there I suppose - and the Olympic torch making it's way through my area. I wasn't all that impressed my the torch I am afraid. The crowd was that quiet when it was coming through that I didn't even know it was within 10 feet of me until I saw the flame over someones head. The service vehicles and the floats for the supporters got a bigger cheer than the torch did... Yeah, pretty anticlimactic....

But anyhoo, moving on.

So we are 8 days into the Empty that Shelf Challenge and I thought I would give a wee update as to where I am with it.

Unfortunately I have been full of the cold - STILL *sigh* - and an ear infection that hasn't gone anywhere so I have been feeling downright miserable.

My cure - well...semi-cure - to this predicament was to read some of the lightest funniest books I had.

Tada.

 These books are brilliant fun to read guys! They are really different from the film (which I love) but I am still enjoying them, which says a lot :) Definitely lifting my mood - even if they aren't getting rid of the sniffles and only aggravating the headaches by reading ;)

The 3rd one is sitting by my bed waiting to be devoured :)
I have also finished Underworld (Abandon Bk 2) by Meg Cabot...yeah...ummm I'll be posting about that in the next few weeks. If I start now I will never stop...

Right now though I am a few pages into The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and that is making my head hurt for a whole different reason ;)

I'll pop up another update after the weekend to see how the reading goes without work getting in the way ;)

If you have would like to share an update post for how you have got on the first week leave the link below so we can all come and have a good snoop :)

Tara for now :)

Post Signature

4 comments:

  1. I have the How to Train Your Dragon and Abandon on my shelves but I haven't gotten to either. Maybe I should have joined this challenge. ;)

    I hope you feel better soon. Having a cold is so miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenny,

    Thank you! Yeah, I turn into a bit of a monster with the cold, I can't stand not being able to breath properly.

    How to Train You Dragon was great fun to read - and so far I am really enjoying the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ick, we've got the Olympic palaver arriving at the end of June. It's coming right past the shop in the late afternoon, about half an hour before closing time. I'm not bothered in the slightest - particularly after we got a long list of 'DO NOT DO THIS' items pushed through the letterbox that might as well have just said "Don't even THINK about the Olympic flame, please - just turn and face the wall until we've gone". I'm thinking maybe we close up while everyone's outside watching, leg it back to the car and get out of town before everyone pours into the shop and stops us closing/pours into the car park and stops us leaving. :)

    There's nothing worse for reading than a cold and ear infection - I hope you're feeling better soon! I mean, what's the point of being ill if you can't use it as a prime excuse to curl up with a cup of tea and read?! I've got all four wisdom teeth on the move right now, which is having must the same effect - my entire face hurts and it's giving me headaches and earache - so I sympathise completely! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to read How to Train Your Dragon, mostly because I loved the movie lol. I've heard they're completely different though. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!