Thursday 24 May 2012

7 Weeks of Jane Austen… Info

 

So I once again have some humongous plan in the works. And I am determined it is going to work *mwahahahahahaaa*

 

And what is this diabolical plan?

 

*Drum roll*

 

7_Weeks_of_Jane_Austen1337682518

In August and September I am planning on doing a post a day on Austen.

 

6 weeks will be dedicated to each of Jane Austen’s major works and then the 7th week will be all things Austen.

 

Sounds fun yeah?

 

And why do you need our help? I hear you ask…

 

Well you see, 7 weeks of reading nothing but ‘me’ on the subject of Jane Austen…ouch. But 7 weeks reading a mixture. Cool!

 

So this is a request for some guest posts Smile

 

You know you want to.

 

You can write about anything Austen related you like.

  • Modern spins on the novels
  • Character rants or mushy happy post
  • Favourite/least favourite characters

Tell us about it Smile

 

The order of the weeks is going to be decided by the publication dates of the major novels.

 

So

Week 1 – Sense and Sensibility

Week 2 – Pride and Prejudice

Week 3 – Mansfield Park

Week 4 – Emma

Week 5 - Northanger Abbey

Week 6 – Persuasion

Week 7 – All things Austen

 

Would you like to be involved?

 

Great!

 

Please fill in the lovely jubbly form here ---> Subscribe to our newsletter. This will add you to a newsletter list and I will be in contact with you in a few weeks with more details!

Alternatively you can email me here ----> alex.bletheringbookworm@yahoo.co.uk

 

My main aim is for this to be fun, so don’t stress about it. If you would like to contribute something go for it!

 

Thank you everyone.

 

Talk to you later. :)

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome...Pridde & Prejudice is my favorite Jane Austen novel of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just signed on for Persuasion week. It's my favorite and, I think, totally underrated. I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in!
    I do love me some Austen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fantastic!! Can NOT wait :)
    I've added your blog to my google reader so i don;t miss a thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome guys! I can't wait to see what you have to say about your chosen topics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really great! Which date will it start? So excited, never read a Jane Austen novel before - I know I'm a terrible person...

    Lol! Cant wait! Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!