Thursday 5 April 2012

Shadow of Witte Wieven by Debbie Peterson

 Info


Book Title:  Shadow of the Witte Wieven
Author: Debbie Peterson
Genre:  Paranormal Romance
Publisher: InkSpell Publishing
Publication Date: April 21st 2012
Format: eBook, Kindle, Paperback


Despite a contract on her head, lone Drug Enforcement Agent, Aliyana Montijo must ferret out a mole and stop the assassination of top DEA officials, as so ordered by the Colombian drug lord she seeks to take down. The task is a daunting one, for there is no one she can trust. No one that is, until she encounters a most unlikely ally.
Former seventeenth century captain of the Dutch West Indies Company, Wolfaert Dircksen Van Ness, now from a parallel dimension, encounters the beautiful agent during an unearthly storm in the Bermuda triangle. Drawn to the Spanish beauty he rescues, he pledges his assistance, despite her reluctance to accept either his help or his heart.
Can Wolf bridge both space and time to claim the woman he loves?

Dimensions, portals and 'ghosts' Oh My! (Sorry couldn't resist ;))

This book was great fun!

There is action, suspense, romance, fantasy, sci-fi, pretty much just about anything.

At first I will admit to an eye-roll as Aliyana searched for the incriminating information against a drug lord - what, I couldn't help it, I had just burnt myself out on story lines like that. But then several pages later we have a plane crash and different dimensions and then things became just AWESOME!

Aliyana made for a brilliant heroine. She was strong and independent and was willing to do her job - even when there were others around her ready and willing to go into danger instead. She also didn't go all 'girly' when the 'hero' showed up. Her attitude and goals remained the same which was very refreshing.

And then we have Wolf our hero. His boyish, cheeky way of acting at times was very cute and endearing but also balanced with the desire to protect Aliyana and keep her from harm - there was a perfect mixture there I think.

This story doesn't mess around, it dumps you straight into the action but unlike the last book I read that did this, I did not feel cheated. Enough information was revealed as we went along to keep me interested and make me feel like I was in 'the know' and not on the outside trying to figure out just what the heck was going on.

Absolutely worth a read guys! A great page turner.

Oh and one more thing. The Bermuda Triangle. (That is all ;))




free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the SWEET review Alex! I'm glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!