Sunday 1 January 2012

2012 The Year of Epic!

Welcome to the year 2012 everybody woohoo. Hope you all stayed safe if you were out and about at New Years celebrations.

So, I was going through my list of books that I am hoping to get read this year and I am surprised by how many of them are actually series - this is kind of depressing actually.

And the books are -

A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin.

Yes I admit the hype that was created from the HBO series is what peaked my  interest in this series. I have no seen any of the series. I have though seen some of the trailers and wow. So I will be reading the books before going anywhere near the TV adaptation. I do this with most things because I love to pick holes in the filmed version. Yeah, it is a twisted reason isn't it. ;)







Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (and more recently Brandon Sanderson)

Well, 12 books (so far) in this series. So I think if I like the first one I will be having a lot to go on with. This is just one of those series that I have heard about over and over again in the passing so I think it is about time to give it a read.






Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon

Yip, I tried to read these last year but with one thing and another I only managed to get the first one read. Will I succeed this year? *shrug* Don't ask me, I only work here.







And next (you thought I was done didn't you)

I have my eye on the Jane Austen Mysteries by Stephanie Barron and that series sits at about 11 books I think...

Yip, I am insane. I will probably get none of these finished but I will give it my best shot to get some of them read :)

What about you guys. Have your eyes on any series you want to get through for the coming year or any suggestions.

I shall leave you to your hang overs cold weather caused headaches

Toodles :)

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

1 comment:

  1. Great post! There's so many books that I'm looking forward to getting around to reading this year. I look forward to your posts :) New follower!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!