Friday 2 December 2011

Follow Friday

Follow My Book Blog Friday
Follow Friday is a weekly Blog Hop that can be found over at parajunkee.com.

Q: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don’t like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!
Things that bug me about books...umm....

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. I know. Pick me.

Over controlling boyfriends!
I seem to be reading far to many young adult novel lately that have male 'heroes' who seem to be quit happy with making every single decision for their girlfriends as though they cannot think for themselves. And the girlfriend is OK with this! He takes away all of her decision making ability and she will just go along with it. What! Really! Unhealthy relationships much. And then let us not forget the boyfriend leaving the picture for a little while and girly trying to top herself because she can't live without the love of her life. Uh, it annoys me so much I am getting agitated just thinking about it. How the fizz is anything like that healthy. A relationship should be equal, not one person and oh, hey, yeah, you're here too.

Rant over. Wow, feel kind of better now, very therapeutic.

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

5 comments:

  1. Yes I do agree with this, I was actually reading a book from a series by one of my favourite authors and it was a character's book I has been looking forward too for so long and then it was like "I'm a male you're a female I don't want you breaking a nail oh by the way since I am a male you'll do exactly as I tell you"
    New follower, here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/12/feature-and-follow-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drives me nuts too!
    Very nice pick and very well explained!!!

    I get really irritated when the heroine doesn't have a backbone. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one likes an over controling boyfriend or girlfriend in a book. I am a new follower. Congrats on 200. =]
    Here is My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah. I totally agree. I like my protagonists badass not wimpy and chained to her BF!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!