Tuesday 27 December 2011

Double Dose - A Prince for Jenny by Peggy Webb & Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens

Woohoo, kind of getting back into the swing of things.

So here are a few books all in one post as I do not have all that much to say about them.

A Prince for Jenny by Peggy Webb
Born special, Jenny, an artist, has had to struggle for every achievement. The things ordinary women take for granted - love, marriage, children- are only a dream for her. When divorced businessman, Daniel Sullivan, brings his children to sit for a portrait, Jenny begins to believe that her prince has finally come. But can Daniel love a special woman without destroying her? Can she withstand the media attention that comes with his high-powered profile? Can she survive the nasty custody battle with his ex-wife? Can there be a fairy tale ending for Jenny and her prince? This unusual love story is one of the author's most heartwarming.


This is a light and fluffy read.
But it is a little too perfect. Things seemed to go just a little too easily.


Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens
Ashlyn: A lonely society princess living in New York City. 
Daddy hired you to be my bodyguard. 
Colin: Childhood enemy, now her protector. 
Daddy thought I’d be safe. He thought I’d never fall in love. He thought he could keep me forever. 
Charles: obsessed with keeping her safe, keeping her his, he hires the one person he knows she could never fall in love with: Colin. 
Daddy was wrong.


After being kidnapped as a child Ashlyn's father has become extremely overprotective of his daughter. She has hardly any friends and is guarded constantly. So of course we have some teenage rebellion thrown in ;).

And yes, this is another one of those books were I was ready to throttle the parents - justifiably I will add - but things (at least with one parent) did get better.

Fun YA read with romance and suspense (kind of).


free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

2 comments:

  1. Overprotected sounds kinda fun for a light read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound pretty good. I had heard of Overprotected before and your review made me want to try it out.
    :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!