Sunday 13 November 2011

Giggle Time :)

Hi everyone. So tomorrow is Monday and although I am looking forward to it because something will be dropping through my post box - I will let you know about that tomorrow - it is the beginning of a whole new week. The weekend is over and it is time to change out of your PJs that you have been in all day Sunday and crawl onto the bus or into the car and head to work or school. Woe that sounds depressing. So time for a giggle.

I don't actually have a clip to show you this week so I thought I would tell you something that happened to me a few weeks ago. This is a story that is better to tell than type but never mind. This had my mum in stitches.

Right so one point that has to be remembered through this story is that my grandmother lives in sheltered housing - you know where there is a warden and buzzers/speakers in the flats etc. Yeah you guys know what I am talking about. So keep that in mind.

Since my grandmother suffered a few heart attacks last year there have been a few things she hasn't been able to do herself. You know, heavy stuff like the hoovering and things. So I go and help her once a week.

This week I was in the house alone because she was off at a doctors appointment.

So I plugged myself into my ipod - as you do - and started belting out some songs - once again, as you do - as I danced around her kitchen with the mop and bucket.

So I was in the middle of Les Miserables "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" when I thought I heard someone call my name so I stuck my head out of the kitchen. No one. No gran and no one else.

*shrug* must be my imagination.

*back to singing*
Phantom shadows on the floor.
Empty chairs at empty tables
Where my friends will meet no more.

*muffled* "ALEX"
Ignore, you know as I am obviously hallucinating.

Drop the mop, spread out arms
Oh my friends, my friends, don't ask me

"Alex!"
Ignore again and start thinking about making that doctors appointment to see about this voice calling my name.
What your sacrifice was-

"ALEX!!!!"
Ok now this is just weird.

*Take out my earphones and stand very still*

"Alex, it's the warden"

Whoops.

Act. Casual.

Yeah it was the warden on the intercom doohickey who had just had the pleasure of listening to my melodic tones over the intercom for however long she had been trying to get my attention - and no she was not calling because someone had complained about the noise ;).

So that was my embarrassing moment. Kinda funny now but at the time it was like 'let the ground open up and swallow me'. I have no illusions about my voice - probably makes nails going down a black board sound like an angelic chorus lol.

You know how it is. In your head you feel like this


 While in reality you are this













LOL. My life is officially one embarrassing situation to another.


free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

1 comment:

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!