Wednesday 12 October 2011

NaNoWriMo Post 3 - I Made a Cover!!

I know, I know. By the time December 1st comes around you are going to be ready to kill me - probably rightly so too, but I am on a complete NaNoWriMo high right now. I can't help it!

I finally have my story planned out in my head to  make some sort of sense - oh to be in my brain (scary stuff believe me). I have a title - step in the right direction I would say. And a cover!!!!

Waahhhhh SO proud!

I was bemoaning the fact that I have like 0 digital ability and thought SCREW IT I'm going to give it a try and make my own book cover. So that is exactly what I did!

Here is attempt number 1

Sink or Swim - Book cover by ~EriksLadyOperaGhost on deviantART

Not too bad for a first try at photo manipulation huh? Note to self - do not start messing around with new stuff at 11pm, leads to lots of mistakes and very little sleep.

(e.g. me: *click click click* Why *stab mouse* Isn't *stab mouse* This *shake mouse to make sure it is working* DELETING
inner me: You didn't select what you wanted to delete GENIUS!
me: *CTRL + A ... DELETE*
inner me: told ya so
me: Shut Up! *sulk*)

 It is meant to be an eye (hopefully you can tell that) and then inside on the right is a coral reef, and then bubbly water. This was okay but seems a little too vague too me, the picture could apply to anything really couldn't it.


I put my brain into cardiac arrest (is that possible...? huh...it is now) through the strain and finally had a light bulb moment that blew the circuits on the rest of the cells in my head (expect NO sense for the rest of the year guys).

And here is my baby!

Attempt numero 2!

Sink or Swim - Book cover - 2 by ~EriksLadyOperaGhost on deviantART

Isn't it beautiful? (Nod your head everyone. That's it)

Nah, only kidding. I know it isn't as snazzy and amazing as some covers out there with all the bells and whistles but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that jazz.

This represents my main character! So proud *beam*. I was going to go with a mermaid but had second thoughts. Think of this as a tribute to Ursula :) - my character isn't a power-mad villain thought.

Ok I am off before you start threatening bodily harm.

This is so exciting! Roll on November.

Nighty Night guys.

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!