Thursday 1 September 2011

Surviving the Fall by William R. Potter

James Goodal has spent his entire life avoiding uncomfortable situations. This safe and easy existence has left James lonely and facing divorce. Everything changes when he takes in a young street girl named Ashley. The pair finds comfort in their unorthodox friendship until her violent world returns forcing James to fight for Ashley and for his very survival.
I am not sure what my feelings are on this book. Which is why I have continually put off writing a post on it.

First things first. This is NOT a YA novel. It deal with drug use, teenage prostitution – and by extensions sex – and there is a bit of language in it too.

But the characters are real and flawed and have issues up to their eyeballs which I kind of liked, because the issues weren’t tiny things that the characters had blown out of proportion to make them seem - big they were serious.

I would have liked to have seen the relationship between James and Ashley developed and fleshed out a little bit more than it was. It just seemed to jump forward way too quickly.

I would also have liked it if the book was a bit longer. I felt a little cheated because the book stopped at 70% and the rest for extracts from other books – I was a little bit annoyed there.

It was a quick and differently weird read, definitely with ADULT themes. 

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of this and it sounds pretty good! :D
    I'll try to check it out if I can.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!