Monday 22 August 2011

Fade by Lisa McMann

For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.
Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open -- but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.
Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability -- and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared....


This is the second book in the Wake series.


I enjoyed the take on the subject. Most people would probably think that being able to ‘fall’ into other people’s dreams is brilliant. But they would be wrong. What do you do when you fall into a nightmare? Or when you are driving and a bus with a sleeping passenger goes past you…?

I was totally stuck for inspiration the other day and picked this off my shelf pretty much at random. I finished it in one night! And, I am really surprised at this, but I loved it.

Teenage angsty-ness isn’t really my thing (I want to strangle them half of the time) but I like them! I know right! (pick yourself off the floor and dust yourself off).

Don’t get me wrong Janie and Cabe still have all the stuff going on that goes on in other YA books but they had a maturity that didn’t have my teeth on edge.

It was also written in the present tense. That is another pet hate of mine as I usually find that it takes to much brain power for me to focus but I didn’t mind it at all here. I think actually that it made this book all the more enjoyable. It was like I was there as I was reading.

There is some language, some sex mentioned (NO details) and it also deals with the topic of sexual predators in schools…covers pretty much everything really.

This was a really good and quick read. 


free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!