Saturday 30 April 2011

Booking Through Thursday - Coming to a Theater Near You

If you could see one book turned into the perfect movie–one that would capture everything you love, the characters, the look, the feel, the story–what book would you choose?

How unfair is that! Only one. Crumbs. Think. think, think! I was desperate for Ella Enchanted to be turned into a film and then it was...and I saw it...and the book had been murdered! So right now I would love to see Ella Enchanted turned into a film worthy of the magical book that it was and not some crazy teen orientated chick-flick.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to say this and I'm afraid someone might hunt me down for it but I felt the exact same way when I first saw Twilight. When the end credits started rolling I was left flabbergasted in my seat, mouth agape, waiting for someone to pop and laugh saying, "We're just kidding! That was done by some amateur students...." Imagine the horror when I realized it wasn't a joke ((tears))

    ReplyDelete
  2. @J.Lee Mckenzie
    Ugh, I know. And I hate it when kids first impression of a book is the PANTS film of it that they love and then they read the book and they think it is a complete let down. That is just so WRONG! Bugs me. It is hard enough to get kids into reading anyway with film makers totally butchering perfectly good novels.
    End of Rant. lol

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!